a dream is a wish your heart makes

Remember twirling skirts?

Most little girls go through a season when they will not wear anything if it does not twirl (and if it sparkles, so much the better). Hours and hours of endless play result from giving little girls a box filled with hats, scarves, necklaces, and clothes. Dime store beads are priceless jewels; hand-me-down pumps are glass slippers. Grandma's nightie, a ballroom gown. Once dressed, they dance around the house or preen in front of a mirror. Their young hearts intuitively want to know they are lovely.




♥ Today we took my three flower girls [Alana, Elisa, and Nadia] to pick out their flower girl dresses. The joy you see in these pictures is the exact reason I chose them to precede me down the aisle on my wedding day. These girls exemplify everything I was as a little girl. They represent beauty and loveliness in its purest form. The three of them are simply captivating.


The top quote is taken from captivating by john and stasi eldredge.
Pin It button on image hover