baseball & dumplins

This past weekend, we went with Cory's parents to Arizona for baseball spring training. I had never been to a Cracker Barrel, so it became a must for dinner and breakfast while we were there! The chicken-n-dumplin's are my husbands favorite (for breakfast too). 
 After we ordered our food, Kathy and I went around shopping in the old country store :)


you can buy rockin' chairs out front (my mother-in-law has one)

or shop the vintage candy section

sugar babies, now and laters, or tamales?

candy sugar sticks, like butter and rum or blackberry

crackers jacks for the baseball game

and my ultimate favorite, fried apples, mmmmm.

You can make fried apples at home too (I did on Monday night for our last girls night). Just heat 1/4 c. butter in a skillet, then add 8 peeled/cored apples w/ 1/2 c. brown sugar, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, and 1/8 tsp. nutmeg. Wait about 15 min. or until apples are tender.. yummm.



Pin It button on image hover